Costcutter League and Cwpan Coffa Dai Dynamo Davies

Crannog booked their place in a first semi final of the season following a dramatic 8-4 success over Llanilar and they will be looking to double up this weekend when they entertain local rivals St Dogmaels in the last eight of the J.Emrys Morgan Cup.

The Llangrannog based side who still have an outside chance of catching the current division one leaders appeared to be heading out of the Cwpan Dai Dynamo as they trailed 4-3 in extra time. However they dug deep and hit the Cambrian Tyres outfit with a five goal volley as the visiting challenge faded badly in the closing stages against a very strong wind.

Three goals from Ryan Edwards in normal time and a single from Guto Roberts put Llanilar in the driving seat but after the extra time turn around Crannog, with a huge wind advantage, came back from the dead with two goals from George Colven and one apiece from Mike Glover, Huw Owens and Gary Davies. Also on target in normal time was Rhys Davies with a superb free kick and Robbie Evans who bagged a brace.

This really was a game of four halves with the strong wind blowing from posts to posts and making life very difficult. Llanilar took full advantage in the opening half and led 3-1 but Crannog hit back with the elements to level at 3-3 thanks to a Robbie Evans equaliser. Llanilar with their second use of the wind advantage took the lead in extra time but after the break Crannog came storming back to win by 8-4.

The quarter final matches between Bow Street Reserves and Llandysul and St Dogmaels and Penparcau were rescheduled whilst at Tregaron the Turfs ran out 3-2 winners over Talybont with Rhun Garner grabbing a couple of goals and Llyr Davies adding the other.

Ceredigion Costcutter Division One

St Dogmaels pulled clear at the top of the first division after they accounted for Ffostrasol at Parc Troedrhiw. The Saints who always looked like winners were once again guilty of missing a number of sitters and they will need to address this ahead of their J.Emrys Morgan Cup quarter final clash this weekend at Crannog.

Playing up the slope the visitors took an early lead when midfielder Adam Williams rifled home a free kick after front runner Louis Harding had been upended just outside the penalty box

The greens continued to dominate after the interval with the Wanderers restricted to a few breaks on the counter but the league leaders were solid in defence and gave very little away. A second goal eventually arrived following a succession of near misses when Rhys Jones headed home a cross from his brother Dan and the title favourites saw out the rest of the game without any real problem.

Jesse Clayton proved to be the star of the show for Llandysul as his four goals helped steer his side to an 11-1 success over relegation favourites Bargod Rangers. Clayton caused no end of problems all afternoon for the Rangers defence along with the likes of Hari Wilson and Chris Harries. Veteran midfielder Mathew Newbould also added a brace and there were singles for Wilson, Lewis Jones, Harries and Scott Mayes as the Swallows ran amok. Josh Grota was on target for the visitors.
Doherty building services

Llanboidy salvaged a point thanks to a last minute goal at Cae Dandre. The Magpies looked as if they had done just enough to win with goals from Owen Williams and Aled Davies but a reply from Ross McDonald and an equaliser from man of the match Steff Williams saved the day.

Felinfach added another excellent scalp to their growing list when they defeated Newcastle Emlyn by 3-1. The Milkmen who have shown some decent form since the turn of the year secured the three points thanks to goals from Joe Jenkins, Kieron Boyes and Huw Davies and they are now well clear of the relegation zone and can surely look forward to another season in division one.

This though was an even contest especially in the first half with both sides enjoying  half chances but nothing to test the keepers. However this all changed after thirty minutes when Joe Jenkins was released in behind the reds defence by full-back Eilir Evans and the front runner finished well with his weaker left-foot.

Felinfach struck again early in the second half when Kieron Boyes looked to have lobbed the Emlyn keeper, but this was cleared off the line and winger, Huw Davies was on-hand to tap home a second goal.

Another followed some five minutes later after some good play once more down the right-hand side before the ball was squared to Kieron Boyes who coolly slotted a third to kill the game off.

The visitors dominated possession after this and mounted a series of attacks and they were finally rewarded late on with a consolation goal when a Dion Davies shot was fired across the box and his brother Daniel was on hand to slot home.

Percy Eldridge Cup Round  1

Newcastle Emlyn Reserves were given a bit of stick for not being able to field a side the previous week for a league match at New Quay but they regrouped and bounced back with a narrow win over their Ffostrasol counterparts in the Percy Eldridge Cup. Reds manager Tom Bluett has been having a difficult time of it recently with player numbers down but his team produced a hard working performance to defeat the visitors with goals from Oscar Higgins, Will Williams and Joe Rees.

South Cards Cup

Crannog Reserves moved into the quarter finals of the South Cards Cup after they secured a narrow win over Maesglas Reserves thanks to goals from Tony MacDonald, Rhydian Roberts and Jordan Owen.

The first round match between Dewi Stars and Aberporth did not go ahead as the Airmen were unable to raise a side.

Leave a Reply