The Llandysul contingent in the crowd at Lampeter on Friday night cheered loudly as Crannog all but ended any slim hopes the hosts had of seriously threatening the Swallows title ambitions.

Luke Lovell and his men who were pipped for the title by Cardigan Town in the final game of last season had looked likely candidates up until Christmas but this third defeat now makes it very difficult for them and they will have to rely on unbeaten leaders Llandysul having a major slump in form.

It came as a great surprise that the game actually started as the pitch was very heavy and cut up but Crannog playing up the slope in the first half started really brightly, defending well and hitting the home team on the break.

This tactic soon paid off when George Colven, Gary Davies and Dylan Davies combined and Colven finished to put his team ahead. Lampeter responded positively and they moved the ball a little quicker out to the flanks and they dominated for the rest of the half.

The hosts eventually equalised mid-way through the first half when Crannog were unable to clear their lines as the ball stuck in the mud and Gethin Davies finished after a goal mouth scramble. The hosts then had another similar chance but a fantastic last ditch block by outstanding skipper Mike Glover kept them out, to leave the score at 1-1 at the break.

Crannog through their midfield dominated the play early on in the second half, with Huw Reed again putting in a big shift and the hosts started to struggle on the heavy pitch and the visitors eventually went ahead when Jason Davies netted with an own goal which was to prove the match winner.

Newcastle Emlyn warmed up for their league cup semi-final against St Dogmaels this week with a comfortable win over Cilgerran Rovers by 6-2. It was the Rovers though who took an early lead after only a minute when they were awarded a free kick just outside the box and the ball was slipped through the Emlyn defence for George Lawrence to slot the ball past keeper Ian Hamilton.

However, it did not take long for the hosts to get back into the game as a cross from Sam Hall was expertly fired home by Robbie Jenkins with a bicycle kick.

The pitch soon became very heavy making life very difficult but a second goal arrived from the hosts when a volley from Owain Thomas was deflected by team mate Peter Almond and into the Rovers net.

Jenkins made it 3-1 when he latched on to a through ball and scored from a tight angle and this was followed up by another from Pete Almond, which was the best goal of the game when he fired home from distance to make it 4-1.

Rovers pulled a goal back after the break when young winger Mathew Williams beat his marker down the left flank and with the wind behind him his cross-come shot flew over the keeper into the top corner.

The Reds replied with a Ben Thomas effort just a few minutes after coming on as a sub and further goals were added through Jenkins and Thomas with a super finish to make it 6-2.

https://www.facebook.com/ndsignswales/?fref=tsRelegation threatened Bargod Rangers were very unlucky to come up against an Aberaeron Reserves side that were able to bolster their struggling team with a number of first teamers. The seagulls whose premier team were without a game in the Spar Mid Wales League called upon the services of striker Gareth Severs and midfielder James Hemmings and both scored in their narrow 4-3 win. Rangers though can count themselves unfortunate as they did enough to get something out of this game. Robbie Evans also netted twice for the black and ambers whilst Jake Kelly with a brace and Dan Gough were on target for Rangers.

http://www.dohertybuilding.co.uk/Ffostrasol are the new leaders at the top of the second division after they inflicted a heavy defeat on SDUC with the game all but over by the break with the Wanderers 5-0 ahead. Two goals from Dion Phillips and singles from Gethin Davies, Carwyn Morgan and Iolo Thomas put the league high fliers a commanding lead.

This was followed up with four goals from Ffostrasol striker Aled Rumble after the break and one from Sion Evans to complete the rout. Previous leaders Maesglas did not play as their match against Aberporth was rained off.

In the Reserves Cup Llandysul Reserves clinched the title after they defeated their Bargod Rangers counterparts by 3-0. Two goals from Danny Williams and a single from Paul Jones proved sufficient to see the Swallows through much to the delight of manager Llyr Jones.




Leave a Reply